Happy Saturday, peeps!
For my March workout plan, I’ve been digging on this legs and arms workout that I threw together. I do this circuit with 5 pound weights, with the exception of the last move, where I use 8 pound weights. Try to do this circuit 3 times a week for best results.
EXPLANATION OF THE MOVES:
– Squat & press: Start in squat with arms at 90 degrees with weights in hands, palms facing in. Stand, pressing arms directly overhead. Return to squat for one rep.
– Bicep Curl w/ leg extension: start standing, with weights in hands. Lift thigh parallel to floor. Do bicep curl and extend calf forward for one rep. Repeat reps on other leg.
– Reverse lunge w/ hammer curls: Do a reverse lunge and curl weights like a bicep curl, but with palms facing body instead facing away. Repeat on other leg for one rep.
– Crescent pose hold w/ tricep kickbacks: Go into a deep crescent pose and hold throughout move. Start with arms by sides at 90 degrees with weights in hand. Don’t move biceps at all as you extend weights backward, working tricep. Return to start for one rep. Repeat reps in crescent on other leg.
– Weighted curtsey lunge: Start standing with heavier weights in hand (8-10 lbs.). Standing on left leg, lunge right leg diagonally behind, bending knees. Return to standing. Repeat with right leg lunging backward for one rep.
I GOT SPARKLY!
To treat myself for signing up for some races this year (which I now realize I totally forgot to mention!), I decided to get myself some Sparkly Soul headbands. I have been wanting some forever!
When one of my races (the HAPPY 5K) partnered with Sparkly Soul to give customers a discount and give 10% of those sales back to the race, I was sold!
I got a purple & white thin headband. SO sparkly!!
These headbands are seriously soooo sparkly. The white one has this really neat iridescence to it that I just love. At first, one of them seemed really tight, but I stretched it out a little and now it feels good.
I have yet to see how they do on runs, but for my workout this morning, it was great!
The races I signed up for are…
- the HAPPY 5K, a virtual 5K race that you can do anywhere & supports Leukemia & Lymphoma research (complete by April 12th)
- the Yukan Run Fools Dual 5K (April 7th)
- the Yukan Run Triple Threat Half-marathon (August 3rd)
Now I’m happy and sparkly
Hope you have a happy Saturday! Now the hubs and I are off to have a special date day
Questions for you:
- Have any races going on this year?
- Plans for today?
* This is not a sponsored post. I am not being compensated in any way to write this post.All opinions are my own.