Somehow it feels like it’s been a lot longer than two weeks since I did a bumpdate! Like I’ve been saying for a while now, time is flying! And I love it!
Some exciting pregnancy related things that have been going on lately are…
- actually getting my butt in gear and washed some baby clothes & organized the nursery
- I know what I want on my birth plan, I just have to write it
- I love Hypnobabies & use it every day
- We’re taking a tour of the hospital next week
- I started packing my hospital bag!
Everything is definitely getting more and more real. Next weekend is my baby shower here in Boston. I’m really excited about that!
How I’m Feeling: overall, pretty good. Energy ebbs and flows, but most the time I am pretty medium energy these days. My general symptoms have been:
- heartburn, mostly at night/laying down (I drink almond milk to tame this, it really helps)
- horrible low back pain. I’m going to see a chiropractor soon because it’s unbearable some days
- trouble sleeping/tossing & turning all night
- numb and very achy hips (from sleeping on my sides, I think)
- foot cramps, like a charlie horse in the sole of my foot
- ridiculously chapped lips all the time
I’ve also started running into things with the bump. I’ve closed a door on it a few times. I’m just not used to sticking out so much!
Weight Gain: I was officially up by 20 pounds at my last appointment. The doctor said I am gaining “perfectly.” I should expect to be at about 27-30 pounds by the end, I believe.
I think when I hit 18 pounds, I was like OMG that sounds like so much. But I think I’m kind of over it. It’s not 20 pounds because I ate donuts every day. It’s not 20 pounds of fat. It’s a very different type of weight gain.
Maternity Clothes: My wardrobe is certainly getting more limited, mostly by tops that “just fit last week.” I feel better about dressing for work though, which is good. I also shared some of my tips on maternity stylelast week in case you missed it.
Sleep: Meh. Sometimes I sleep pretty deep. I definitely get up at least once a night to go to the bathroom. Other nights, I toss and turn the whole night, not being able to get comfortable. The bump feels so big that I think I need to start putting a pillow under it so it doesn’t pull me down when I’m laying on my side.
Fitness: This is so-so right now. I do strength with weights about 2-3 times a week and yoga 1-2 times a week.
I really wish I could get some cardio in, but any time I do something repetitive like walking on a treadmill, I get Braxton Hicks instantly and they’re really uncomfortable. So I’m pretty discouraged to do cardio.
Craving: same as before – pure junk! All sweets, milkshakes, cereal, pizza, ginger ale
Food Aversions: nothing really. Meat never sounds good, but I can stomach just about anything
Missing: being the size me I am used to, running, regular intensity workouts, laying on my stomach, wine & beer
Movement: she is very active at night or any time I get hungry. I got a really hard kick in the ribs the other day that I’d never felt before.
New for Baby: This has to be the best and most exciting part of having a baby: all the gifts! People are sogenerous too.
This week we got our third handmade blanket, a pull over sweatshirt, and a cute book.
Loooove the mint green blanket
I also got this really cute gift in the mail from one of my old co-workers.
They’re called Baby Blooms from Macy’s and each have a hat, a bib, mittens, and socks rolled up as flowers. How adorable! I think I’m going to save them for my shower and use as decorations before I open them.
Most Looking Forward to: going into labor, my baby shower, setting up the crib, telling you guys her name!
Questions for You:
- What’s your favorite baby thing to give as a gift? For everyone I know, it must be blankets.
- Are you interested in hearing about my birth plan?