Hey! Hope you had a nice weekend
This weekend I went apple picking for the first time! I didn’t know what my expectations should be since I’d never gone, but it was a lot of fun. We went to a farm about 45 minutes West of us still in Massachusetts called Honey Pot Hill Orchards.
We couldn’t get there very early, so the place was packed by the time we got there. It was a beautiful day, though!
We had to take a hayride to get to a farther part of the orchard. I was quite amused 😉
The farm had a lot of different types of apples, but I was so excited that they had my favorite! Gala apples! Here’s a Gala apple tree with tons of good apples still left on it.
I ate one right after picking it from the tree. It was most definitely the most crisp apple I’ve ever had.
After filled up our bag, we headed over to the bakery to get an apple cider donut. I’ve had one that someone brought me, but never a fresh one, so I was excited to try it. However, the line was ridiculously long since it was about an hour until closing. Everyone had the same idea we did!
But, it was so worth the wait. They were hot and fresh when we got them. I devoured two of these little guys instantly!
After we got home, we got cookin’! We prepared apple crisp with my girlfriend’s apple corer thing that you attach to the counter. What a handy tool! It was so easy and fun to use.
The apple crisp was pretty good. Both the hubby and I thought it was not quite as good as we were expecting. We used this recipe but doubled the “crisp” part, which was a really good idea. Definitely a solid recipe, though.
I still have quite a few apples left and even some pears. I want to make apple butter, but I’m not sure if I actually have enough apples (or patience!). We’ll see.
Goals this Week
Since it’s Monday, I thought it’d be a good time to address some goals for the week. Lately, I’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed, and I know it’s from a lack of being organized. I know in my head what I want to do, but at the end of the week, I find myself feeling really unhappy that I didn’t work toward much of what I wanted to do.
The past few weeks have been very lax for me in the healthy eating & fitness department. It’s always an effort to plan healthy meals or good workouts when I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but I’ve got to start somewhere.
This week my goals are to:
- create and follow a truly healthy eating plan. Lately, I’ve been making meal plans and bailing on them or making not-so-healthy plans.
- create a workout schedule that incorporates running at least 3 times. Running has been down to once a week these days. I miss it & I want to get back at it.
- take time to relax & destress. I have been on social media too much, glued to my email or blog, never allowing myself enough space to rest. After dinner, I’m going no technology anything. I used to do this & it was great. Back at it again!
Here’s to a happy & healthy week!
Questions for You:
- Did you go apple picking this weekend too? Seriously, everyone I know went this weekend!
- Are apple desserts your thing? They’re definitely not my favorite, but I won’t turn one down.