This has felt like the longest week ever to me. I am so happy Friday is here And if that isn’t good news for you, then be my guest and have some chocolate cake, please!
Since doing my detox diet and just generally trying to eat healthier, I’ve been trying to find semi-healthy desserts. I still have a sweet tooth and will never forgo dessert for too long, but it’s nice to get my fix with something I can feel good about eating.
Behold this beauty of a mug cake. If you haven’t gotten on the mug cake craze yet, be warned. It is addicting. And beautiful. I love mug cakes because you are making one serving. That’s it.
I love cookies and cakes, but making an entire batch of cookies or a whole cake = I will eat the entire thing. Not cool. My self-control kind of stinks, but that’s where this cake becomes my best friend.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN MUG CAKE
This cake is gluten-free. You can make it almost sugar-free if you use a sugar substitute of your choice, although I just used sugar.
The protein powder gives it some extra sweetness without adding sugar and also gives you a protein boost. Not bad for a desert!
- 1/8 c. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. PB2
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- Handful of chocolate chips
- about 1 tbsp. PB2
- splash of almond milk
1. Mix all the cake ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.
2. Spray a good-sized wider mug with cooking spray. If you don’t do this, the cake will not come out (trust me, my first attempt was a fail on this part).
3. Pour the mug cake mix into the mug. Microwave for 30 seconds. See how it looks. It will likely be soupy in the middle. Cooking times can vary a lot with microwaves, though so be careful.
I microwaved mine a total of 1 minute. Yours may need more or less. And it depends on how moist or dry you want your cake. Just cook it in 30 second intervals and then see how it’s doing.
4. When the cake is done cooking, plop the mug onto a clean plate for the cake to come out on.
5. Mix the PB2 and almond milk to make the frosting. Pour on top of the cake and throw a few extra chocolate chips on top. Microwave for another 10 seconds or so to soften the frosting and chips.
6. Eat, enjoy, and say mmmmm!
Have a fantastic Friday!
Questions for You:
- What are your plans for tonight?
- Favorite healified dessert?