Last week, Alison from Anchor in the Stratosphere nominated me for the Liebster Award. I’ve done this award several times, so I’m going to skip out on nominating others but I am going to answer her questions
1. What is your favorite/least favorite household chore? Laundry, for sure. I let it sit foreverrrr before I put it away. Bad habit!
2. What is your proudest accomplishment? Running a marathon
3. How many weddings have you been in, and for whom? I haven’t been in any weddings, actually! Strange.
4. Is there a particular movie (or book) that can make you cry every time? I cry at the end of the Little Mermaid every time. When her dad says goodbye to her!
5. What’s your number one healthy living tip? Plan ahead for success, whether that be meals, workouts, training, treats, etc. Planning helps me stay on track so much better than just “winging” it.
6. Where and what was the best meal you’ve ever had? Hmm, tough one. Maybe Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws? Nothing amazing in popping into my head right now.
7. What’s your favorite TV show? I don’t have TV, but I loved Breaking Bad. I watched almost the whole series last Christmas.
8. How do you handle disappointment? Sometimes, I blame myself and feel like there should have been more I could do to change the outcome of things. But other times, I just try to let it mellow out and move on.
9. Are you a morning person or night owl? Night owl, by far. But I can get up early in the morning for workouts if that’s the only time I have!
10. What’s at the top of your bucket list? Continue pushing myself with running more races. And go to Paris
11. How long have you been blogging and what’s one thing you’ve learned? I have been blogging for almost 2 years now! I can’t believe it. One thing I’ve learned recently is that blogging changes as life does and that’s okay. And that my blog is what I want to make of it, not what I think others want it to be.
HIIT SMASH UP WORKOUT
And now I have a workout to share with you! While I was on vacation, I came up with this HIIT workout in the gym. I didn’t have Pinterest handy or any known workouts, so I just made it up.
The basic premise for this workout is to do one circuit of cardio & strength, repeat four times, and then do the same thing for the second cardio/strength circuit. In total, you repeat each mini circuit 8 times. Beware, this produces a lot of sweat!
Doing this very quickly took me about 30 minutes. Be sure to keep good form at the end though if you start to get tired! Take breaks whenever you need it. I really enjoy workouts like this because it’s so fast-moving that I can’t get bored and it goes by really fast!
Questions for You:
- Answer any of the Liebster award questions above.
- Do you like HIIT training? Why or why not?