As I was planning my workout schedule for the week, I realized that it’s been a lonnnng time since I posted a workout here. Clearly the reason is because there hasn’t been a whole lot goin’ on in that department for me lately. But there’s nothing better to motivate me than a new, challenging workout!
An area I really want to work on working out more/ better is my booty. And if that workout doesn’t literally leave my buns burning, it just doesn’t feel like I did anything.
This workout definitely gave me a burn while doing it. I did this yesterday along with a nice power walk afterward. And I am most certainly feelin’ the burn today!
Notes About This Workout:
- I used 10 lb. dumbbells, which left me to the point of exhaustion at the end.
- For single leg dead lifts, I hold the weight in my right hand while I am standing on my left foot bending over. Opposite weight to opposite leg, basically.
- You can hold weights throughout all the moves for added strength building. I held one dumbbell in both hands for side lunges and both dumbbells for regular lunges. Just gives you a little extra burn!
TAKING TIME FOR ME
Like I said before, I took a little power walk yesterday. Mr. Beans gladly joined me, all suited up in his Halloween fleecie as I’m calling it.
Lately, I’m loving power walks in the afternoon. It gives me a little mid-day mental and physical break from at home or working. I’ve been doing 2 mile power walks while listening to music on my phone. My soundtrack of choice lately has been OneRepublic’s newest album, Native. It has a lot of upbeat songs that are great for walking to. Of course, a homemade pumpkin spiced chai latte joined me as well
It only takes me about 45 minutes to do this, but it’s so refreshing to take a break completely for myself. I have to say that I have definitely been accomplishing my goals for the week of following a workout schedule and taking time for me. It feels good!
Questions for You:
- What area of your body do you need to feel the burn to feel like you really worked it? Abs & buns for me!
- What are you having for dinner tonight?