In my effort to get more veggies into my diet lately, I decided to have one of my favorite quick dinner recipes this week. This recipe uses a DIY peanut sauce, which is so much healthier than anything store-bought. It really does taste like peanut sauce too!
This recipe is so easy and is all about the veggies. What’s not to love?
You will need:
- 2 packages of Ramen noodles, any flavor
- 2 cups chicken broth (reduced-sodium preferred)
- 2-3 cups frozen stir fry or mixed veggies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsbp. lime juice
Now I know Ramen is not the healthiest thing out there. But this recipe doesn’t use the
sodium seasoning packet inside.
I’ve tried this recipe with different kinds of noodles, but it was never as good without the Ramen. Feel free to use a different healthier noodle of your choice, if you wish – but don’t say I didn’t warn you!
1. Mix peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, and lime juice together to make the sauce.
2. Heat chicken broth and peanut sauce in a pan until almost boiling.
3. Add broken up ramen noodles to pot along with veggies.
4. Cook covered for 5 minutes until noodles are cooked through and veggies are tender.
5. Serve & enjoy!
This recipe usually takes me about 15 minutes start to finish. It’s perfect for those nights where you want to eat healthy and still cook a meal but you don’t have a ton of time.
Let me know if you try this!
Questions for you:
- Any secret Ramen lovers out there? I know I can’t be the only one!
- Have any really quick dinner recipes? I’m always looking!